Simply Marvelous Meat Munchers
Grilled Marvelous Meat Munchers work out well if you’ll be hosting some deck or pool-side birthday parties for the kids.
In addition to the hotdogs and burgers for the kids, serve up some easy-to-prepare fare for the adults who’ll be on hand supervising the kiddos in the pool!
Meat Munchers can also be used as appetizers for any party or buffet you’re hosting.
Marvelous Meat Munchers
What You Need:
1 lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and cubed
1 lb beef sirloin, boneless and cubed
1/2 c. canola oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 c. pineapple juice
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbl Country Bob’s All-Purpose Sauce
1 tsp red pepper flakes
4 jalapeno peppers
8 strips of bacon – cut in half
How to Make It:
- Whisk together the canola oil and minced garlic in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pineapple juice and soy sauce, Country Bob’s Sauce and continue whisking until well blended.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes.
- Place the mixture into a large zip lock bag.
- Trim any fat away from the pieces of meat.
- Place the meat into the zip lock bag, close tightly and shake to insure the meat is completely covered by the marinade.
- Allow the meat to sit in the marinade at least one hour. Meat can marinate over night if you prefer.
- Remove the meat from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Cut the peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds, membrane and stems.
- Cut the peppers into strips.
- Place one strip of pepper on each piece of bacon.
- Place one cube of meat on top of each pepper strip.
- Add another pepper strip on top.
- Wrap the bacon completely around each piece and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat grill to medium hot or if using coals place coals in the center of the grill and when the coals burn down to a slight gray spread in a single layer.
- Cook 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes to insure they are cooked on all sides.
- When done the bacon should be crisp and the juices from the chicken should run clear.
Tip: When working with jalapeno peppers if possible wear gloves. Never touch your face or eyes until you have washed your hands thoroughly.